Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

'The Connection requires the use of the sonicwall virtual adapter' ... solution did not work for me

I have a co-worker with a laptop that I set up with Sonicwall Global VPN Client about a year ago has stopped working and now getting this error message. I have tried the solution from May 18, 2020 but this did not work for us.

I've tried deleting and re-creating the connection as well, but I'm not sure what to try next. I was able to use quick assist to connect to their laptop computer so I do know that the internet has not failed.

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• Options
    ChojinChojin Enthusiast ✭✭

Did you already try to uninstall the gvc (do not retain MAC)-> reboot system -> install a current version -> reboot -> and try to VPN-Dialin?

-> If this wont work, check if the Sonicwall NIC is set to dhcp...if not set it to dhcp.

-> You can also try to reset network connection (be carefull Wifi SSIDs with saved passwords can be deleted this way)

I am not sure if this tool should be used anymore but it could be worth a try:

Where to find Global VPN Client (GVC) Cleaner Tools | SonicWall