Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Is SonicWall Mobile Connect compatible with macOS Monterey?

Good afternoon,

Mobile Connect doesn't connect since I've updated to Monterey. I reinstalled the app but it's still not working. Am I correct in my assumption that it isn't compatible with Monterey? It seems that others are having the issue too...

Thanks,

Jon

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• Hi,

Any update on this issue? We also have a Monterey client who can no longer use the latest Mobile Connect client after the OSX update. The Mobile Connect client has been reinstalled.

Thank you.

• I haven’t heard anything. I still cannot connect, so it seems the issue is being ignored.

• Oh boy. That is not a good sign. Client is dead in the water right now with no hope in site, apparently. I really hope someone from SonicWall lets us know something either way.

Thanks for letting us know!

• TX_ITTX_IT Enthusiast ✭✭

It still works for me on macOS Monterey, post-update from Big Sur. I have SonicWall Mobile Connect 5.0.8 installed, if that matters.

• TX_ITTX_IT Enthusiast ✭✭

What version are you running on your VPN appliances? I wonder if there's a disconnect between cipher compatibility. I know I ran into that issue with SSH on switches+routers after upgrading to Monterey. Just a thought.

• StefaanChinohStefaanChinoh Newbie ✭
    edited December 2021

I had the same problem, couldn't connect anymore since the upgrade to Monterey. I just did the update to Monterey 12.1 and everything is working again.

• AshDashAshDash Newbie ✭

Unable to connect. Mac-pro M1 Chip with Monterey 12.0 - brand new lap top; Sonic Wall does not connect, my older Macboook pro and Air Mac connect. I took my computer to the local genius bar - and after two sets of Geniuses (Is that the correct plural) had looked in they said it is Sonic Problem - not a MAc problem. I feel it is a Mac issue, that Sonic should reach out to Mac and solve. ASAP pleaseee

Apple doesn't give a Rats gluteus-maximus about the issue.

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi All,

I've had a few folks from the SonicWall technical team look at your comments, here is their feedback:

We recommend to upgrade macOS to 12.1, since this new macOS version has some fixes and most folks with this issue were able to connect with Mobile Connect ver-5.0.8 on macOS 12.1.

Note: If you're using a Sonicwall NSv Firewall you should be on the latest firmware’s and if you're on with TZ firewall the fix yet to be pushed. You can file a bug on UTM TZ FW side but not with MC.

SMA100 and SMA1000 users should work fine. If you have any issues open a support ticket so that we can work with engineering.

Let me know if that helps!

• BrianButtsBrianButts SonicWall Employee

I can confirm that I have been able to use the SonicWall Mobile Connect client on Mac OS Monterey. I am running MacOS 12.1 on Apples M1 Max. I recommend that if you transferred your applications over to your Mac, you delete mobile connect and reinstall it. Also, it does not require Rosetta 2 to function. If you have any further issues, I would suggest that you open a support case.

Below is a screenshot showing a successful VPN connection on an M1 based Mac as well as a screenshot of the apps Rosetta setting. Control Click the SonicWall Mobile Connect app in the finder and select "Get Info" to find this window.

• I can now connect again after the release of 12.1

Thank you for all your replies.

• SmashSmash Newbie ✭

I was told that I had to install Java to get things to work on some of our newer M1 macs