Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Connection loss with cable ISP

Keep loosing connecting with Cox ISP when connected to static IP using SonicWall TZ370W
Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Are you losing link on the interface or just logically losing your connection? Do you have polling set up on FOLB and/or have you looked through the logs for drops? If you poll via FOLB, you should see an indicator of when it goes down as well as whether one or both of your targets become unreachable. Set a target to your upstream gateway and another a hop or two further out (tracert to a well known site to get a sense of your possible outbound paths). Perhaps the results will give you some more info. Also, check to see if the upstream gateway is still in your ARP cache.

• We are logically losing the connection with Cox. I've restarted the ARRIS Touchstone® CM8200 DOCSIS® 3.1 Cable Modem several times via the Cox portal with no luck. This is at one of our remote sites. The connection was live for about two days and we had a site-to-site VPN tunnel working before it dropped. I am not using FOLB on this site. I am wondering if this has something to do with the ARP?

The TZ370W firmware has been updated to the latest version 7.0.1-5030-R2007. I am off site so, I can't review the logs until I return tomorrow.

• Tech42Tech42 Newbie ✭

Did you ever find a solution to your question? I have the exact same issue with a Shaw Hitron Docsys 3.1 and a TZ270w