Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

SonicWall - Cannot Verify Server Identity

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing an issue with the SonicWall Guest Services, with HTTPS enabled on user login.

When connecting to the Guest network, a pop up appears reporting "Cannot Verify Server Identity, the identity of 192.168.15.1 (SonicWall Guest network IP Address) cannot be verified by Wi-Fi. Review the certificate details to continue". I have tried installing a signed SSL certificate which is validated on the SonicWall and set it as the certificate in the Web management settings however receive the same error.

Any ideas on how to resolve this error?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@AGSonicWall I assume that you installed a Certificate on the Firewall Appliance which covers 192.168.15.1 as Common Name, this Certificate should be issued by a CA which is trusted on the Endpoint. My advice here is always to run a (tiny) CA from where you issue Certificates for all purposes and distribute the CA cert. I would prefer to use a Domain Name instead of an IP, e.g. guests.mydomain.com.

On Gen6 you head over to Manage -> System Setup -> Users -> Settings, click on the Tab Web Login and select "It's configured domain name". On Manage -> System Setup -> Appliance -> Base Settings you edit the Firewall's Domain to the Domain Name you used in the cert, e.g. guests.mydomain.com.

On your DNS you make sure to point the Domain Name to the appropiate IP address and you should be good to go.

You could use a IP, but I'am not 100% certain which IP address the Client trys to access when "Redirect the browser to this appliance via: The interface IP address" is selected in the Settings above.

Hope this makes any sense to you, I checked on a customer deployment and this is how I did a while back.

--Michael@BWC