Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Does anyone know what happens to the NSM license during a Secure Upgrade

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

According to the Customer Loyalty document https://www.sonicwall.com/medialibrary/en/datasheet/datasheet-customer-loyalty-program.pdf active services are transferred from one device to another.

SonicWall Service Transfers

The following service and license subscriptions will be transferred from the Eligible SonicWall Product to the corresponding Replacement Product pursuant to the Customer Loyalty Program:

Advanced Gateway Security Suite (AGSS)

Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (CGSS)

Anti-Virus Services (all versions)

Licenses for VPN Client

Other applicable service and support licenses

24x7 Support for SSL VPN

Email Protection with Support for Email Security

Does anyone know what happens with the NSM subscription that is associated with the device?

The reason I'm asking is because the NSM subscription is not explicitly listed in the documentation AND it is device-based, meaning a subscription for a TZ600 costs significantly more than one for the TZ300. I can't even imagine what it would be to go to the TZx7x level, thus the question.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't had the misfortune of trying this yet... I would, of course, assume that it would transfer an NSM license. But you know what assuming does...

• BernardHanBernardHan SonicWall Employee

Hi Larry,

I believe NSM license should be transferred to new device as well. In case not, SonicWall Licensing should be able to help you out., to make sure NSM license properly transferred.

Bernard Han

Tech Support Advisor

SonicWall