Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Can't Use Mobile Connect on Mac Since OSX Monterey Update

envisionitworksenvisionitworks Newbie ✭
edited November 2021 in VPN Client

User working just fine for months with latest 5.0.8 Mobile Connect client. Now they can't connect after OSX Monterey update. Looks like other users here are experiencing the same.

Have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Mobile Connect client.

Mobile Connect client on PC works just with this user's credentials. It appears to be Mac issue.

Any word on compatibility with Monterey or patch to fix?

Thanks for any input.

Category: VPN Client
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BoydBoyd Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Just spoke to a Sonicwall tech that understood the issue. Was informed that this is a known issue and was reported to the development team and they have a ticket in (MC-573) Was advised to check back, since there was no ETA at this time. Hopefully there will be a patch soon.

Answers

• BoydBoyd Newbie ✭

I have users that are having the same issue (cannot connect with Monterey). I have opened a few cases with Sonicwall, but they have just asked to do the basics; make sure the software (Mobile Connect) and the firmware are up-to-date. Was just told to contact Apple for solution by the last tech. I'll update here once I have discovered more information.

• Boyd, thank you so much for reporting back on this and letting us know. Hopefully, SonicWall fixes this issue very soon.

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Truly unacceptable from SonicWall. Monterey has been in beta since the summer and officially released for over a month and they say just to reinstall, update firmware or contact Apple and have no awareness of the real issue? They should have had a working version from day 1. I guess they don't need Mac customers anymore.

• TX_ITTX_IT Enthusiast ✭✭

Strange, as it's still working for me after I upgraded to Monterey. What settings are you using on your VPN appliance's Global SSL/TLS Settings?

• ShepherdShepherd Newbie ✭

I'm having this problem too, I have a case open with Sonicwall support and was given the same MC-573 number

• BokChoyBokChoy Newbie ✭

I'm running Monterey 12.1 with the SonicWall Mobile Connect Version 5.0.8 (5046). It works for me.

However, I do have some other Macs that just get stuck saying "Loading...."

Any update from the SonicWall team on this? (MC-573)

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi All,

I've had a few folks from the SonicWall technical team look at your comments, here is their feedback:

We recommend to upgrade macOS to 12.1, since this new macOS version has some fixes and most folks with this issue were able to connect with Mobile Connect ver-5.0.8 on macOS 12.1.

Note: If you're using a Sonicwall NSv Firewall you should be on the latest firmware’s and if you're on with TZ firewall the fix yet to be pushed. You can file a bug on UTM TZ FW side but not with MC.

SMA100 and SMA1000 users should work fine. If you have any issues open a support ticket so that we can work with engineering.

Let me know if that helps!

• ericskilesericskiles Newbie ✭

HI All. I just got a new macbook and am on Monterey 12.3.1 trying to connect to an NSx firewall. Sonicwall Mobile Connect says that that the firewall is unreachable or is not a valid sonicwall device when setting the connection up. I know this works because I can connect on .my old mac just fine. Sonicwall mobile connect is 5.0.9