Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

No email support?

SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Seems like every support ticket is now put on pending closed state with the comment "this type of issue is best suited for a phone call as it will require live troubleshooting", even if it's a generic question.

Is this a company policy now to weed out everything except the most urgent tickets? Not everyone has the time to wait in line especially for nonurgent issues. Since the first level support often can't help or spends much time doing basic troubleshooting, it can easily take hours on the phone even for simple fixes.

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

My god the support is bad. I just wasted two hours on the phone with a support technician who played around in the UI and in the end put the case pending closed status and told just to monitor the issue. So I could have NOT called the support line and got the same exact result without wasting my evening.

I had to provide the case number via phone keypad but then give it again over the phone once I got through. What's the point even asking it the first time?

Then right after the remote session was opened it closed by itself at the same second as the phone call dropped. This seems to be another tactic to reduce support load. First tell them that the case needs "active troubleshooting", then when calling tell that the support lines are busy and direct them back to support portal. And if that doesn't get them to stop, cut the calls early on and hope they won't call back or open the remote support session again and just give up. And if someone goes through all that, give the most low skilled technician. I had to bring up syslogs and trace logs because the tech didn't seem aware they even exist.

Now the case is again pending closure, I guess I have to keep spamming the ticket as long as it requires to get some answers. Perhaps the answer is "other vendor".

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@SonicAdmin80 yes, there are times that I know more than the CSR does about how to get to something. I'm not sure who all SonicWall is hiring - or training - but there have been some problems.

As for the calls - don't forget, these folks are still working from home and their calls are dropping because of problems with their VOIP. So I have some empathy for them.

If you need to get a situation escalated, I suggest you access the case directly in MySonicWall and add the text that you want a senior to look at it. Either that or toss it in a message to EnaBev...

1. The India support centre is in hell mode now.
    2. Heard from someone that they want to count the call-in number.

So you better call and ask for a remote session( in case the call dropped, you have to do it all again)

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi @SonicAdmin80,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

I've looked at your cases and there is one open case submitted yesterday via the web. I believe this is the issue you need help with: https://community.sonicwall.com/technology-and-support/discussion/3235/nsm-error-with-gsm#latest

I have flagged this and hope to get an answer for you shortly.

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

That seems to be the move. The logs and traces weren't in the new ticket that was created although the tech promised to add them. So I added them myself and demanded escalation. Got a hotfix firmware version back now which hopefully resolves the issue of TZ670 rebooting or hanging. Gen 7 still doesn't seem to be quite there stability wise.