Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Is there a registry key to allow multiple connection profiles in NetExtender?

I recently set up a VPN in our second office and we want to be able to have clients choose which to connect to based on where they are in the country, but we've always installed the NetExtender not allowing multiple connection profiles. Is there a registry key that can be deleted or added to allow multiple connection profiles?

Category: VPN Client

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SudoYETISudoYETI Newbie ✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓

Okay I fixed it. You're going to have to Reboot into SafeMode (there's multiple ways to do this, but let me know if you need help.)

I choose to reboot into SafeMode with Networking

Logged into Admin Account (Domain Admin worked for this)

Opened RegEdit as Admin (In SafeMode shouldn't need to but just in case)

Was able to Edit Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SonicWall\SSL-VPN NetExtender\Standalone\alwayson

Changed DefaultEditable: FALSE to TRUE

Rebooted PC. Was able to edit the profiles.

After the change it looks like when NetExtender loaded up it deleted the DefaultEditable key as it no longer is in alwayson. I guess you can also just delete the string DefaultEditable if that is the case.

Answers

• SudoYETISudoYETI Newbie ✭

Looks like it's Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SonicWall\SSL-VPN NetExtender\Standalone\alwayson

DefaultEditable: FALSE

I had issues changing it to TRUE because NetExtender installation sets Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SonicWall\SSL-VPN NetExtender\Standalone and it's subkeys alwayson and Profiles have inheritance disabled and only sonicwall_client_protection_svc and SONICWALL_NetExtender have full control while Creator has special permissions. Everyone else has read only.