Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Why does SonicWall Appliance SonicOS7 freeze after configuring app rule policy?

Hi All,

Good Day. Does anyone also experience in SonicWall OS7 appliance (NSa3700 in specific) freeze after configuring app rule policy? For the appliance work again, hard reboot is needed.

Thank you in advance and I hope somebody knows the answer.

Thank you and keep safe all.

Regards,

Dan Rave Romero

Category: Firewall Security Services

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

What firmware version are you running?

• CORRECT ANSWER
    NatNat Newbie
    Answer ✓

7.0.1 - R1126 is pretty old, I think you need to upgrade the firmware.

Answers

• Hi Sir @TKWITS,

Good Day Sir. Thank you for the respond. I'm currently using 7.0.1 - R1126.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Dan Rave Romero

• Hi Sir @TKWITS,

Good Day. I found the reason why it freeze everytime i create a rule in app rule and policies(in specific is for youtube). I found that i have a block enable at app control signatures ( in this case is youtube signatures ), then every time i make changes in rule at app rule and policies there is where the freezing start. After i tried to disable the signature then the freezing stop when i do changes in app rule and policies.

Does that mean that i can't do a rules that contradict the condition in app control signatures?

Thank you so much and also hope that what i encountered today may help the others with the same condition.

Regards,

Dan Rave Romero

• Hi Sir @NAT,

Good Day. Yes Sir NAT, I'm actually looking for a schedule to upgrade the firmware.

Will do update here after and hoping that, that can also help the others if they have same problem.

Thank you Sir.