Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall Analytics

Respected colleagues ,

I use Sonicwall analytics installed as instructed (syslog based reports), however it is not clear to me why my archive (syslog archived) is saved on the installation part of the disk (62 GB) and not on the external 500 GB disk. I would ask you for help which is wrong.

Thank you

Best regards

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    JureMazicJureMazic Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Respected colleagues ,

thank you for your help.

The problem was that during the installation of the external disk mount , I did not restart the VM via the menu on the console.

After the VM restart, the external disk is mounted and the logs are written to it.

Best regards

Answers

• Sadiya_AnjumSadiya_Anjum SonicWall Employee

Hi @JureMazic ,

Logs/Archived logs of analytics are stored on the Secondary/External Hard Disk. Generally, it is recommended to mount the external disk during the initial setup of the VM so that server identifies and uses it for logs storage. In your case, it might have considered the storage location which it had during the initial setup[viz., Primary Hard Disk] due to which the archived syslogs were saved on the Default Hard Disk. Please refer the technical documents below which says that external storage is used for logs storage and is added during the initial deployment.

For Esxi deployment: https://www.sonicwall.com/techdocs/pdf/analytics-administration.pdf

For Hyper-V deployment: https://www.sonicwall.com/techdocs/pdf/on-premises-analytics-hyper-v-deployment-guide.pdf

Thanks!

Sadiya Anjum

Technical Support Engineer

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JureMazic ,

First you have to make sure the additional data disk is mounted properly or not. Follow the below KB if you are using Esxi installation (page No 23).

Second step is navigate to check the storage health and check whether the data partition is listed or not. Please see the below screen shot.

For verifying the Data partition usage, Navigate to the console --> Diagnostics --> Summarizer status. See the below screen shot.

As well as check the System Status and check the both installation and data disk utilization status.