Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall TZ400 cannot get a connection with Huawei E3372 USB Dongle

Hi, I seem to have a problem getting a Huawei E3372 USB dingle working with the Sonicwall TZ400.

I installed it today and on the settings page it shows an auto detected device type of 3G/4G/LTE/Mobile (Auto Detected)which looks like it's detected it ok. However, on the status page the 4G/LTE Modem Status shows " The 3G/4G/LTE connection is currently inactive". This sounded like i just had to give it the profile information for the connection so i proceeded to give it a connection profile (Virgin Media) but it still reported the same message.

I've tried and tried and cannot get it to connect using the USB 4G/LTE dongle. I selected the E3372 as it was in the supported dongle list. I've tried the dongle in a PC and it works fine.

Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions before i go to sonicwall support?

Many Thanks,

Kevin

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @kjpalmer100 ,

Huawei Modem 3372h and 3372s have been released by Huawei in multiple variants (i.e. -608, -153, -607, -517, -511) and with different protocols. At the moment, SonicOS does not support Huawei Proprietary protocol so all the variants using a non-standard or proprietary protocol are not supported or require the ISP to provide a PPP APN Type.

Can you please let me know what type of APN is being used for the profile?

Thanks

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services