Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

When to Post a Discussion or a Question

The SonicWall Community has different content/post types. When creating a post you have the option to create a Discussion or Question.

Ask a Question - should be used when you are seeking a specific answer to a question or problem. Once a question is marked answered, other members of the community can benefit from the shared knowledge.

New Discussion - If you are looking to share information or gather opinions on a topic or a problem (rather than get a specific answer), Discussions are open-ended and are meant to encourage collaboration and engagement.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to reply below 👇️.

Category: Water Cooler

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

Comments

• Hi Micah, and thanks for the pointer. I'm a newb on the community and a lil lost.

Do you know how to change the category of a discussion that I started?

I also wanted to know "how to close the discussion when I solve it myself"?

Or do I have to be here a while for those rights?

Also, is there a "How To" for newbs on these type questions?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi @Dementech61

Thank you for joining the SonicWall Community! We are excited to have you here. I'll be happy to help you with your questions.

Only community administrators have permission rights to move discussions. Community moderators keep an eye on posts and will move them if needed. Otherwise, you can reach out to me and we can work together to move a post if you feel it's in an incorrect category.

You can mark discussions as Resolved or answers as Accepted Answer to end a discussion. A resolved discussion is indicated by a green checkmark icon, while an unresolved discussion is identified by a yellow question mark icon. In order to mark a question as either accepted or rejected, simply hit yes or no on the dialog beneath the answer (comment).

We are working on posting community tips and hope to have them ready soon. Feel free to reach out in the meantime.