Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonic Mobile Connect App Issues

Hey there!

I'm struggling for a long time to make Macs and Ipads work with Sonic Mobile Connect App. There is an odd behavior ONLY for these devices while connecting to the VPN. After I connect to the VPN, I go to my firewall and see the device is connected, then I try to ping to my firewall to test the connectivity and have no success with it, therefore I cannot connect to my remote computer. I noticed that this issue happens for certain WIFI networks, just a few WIFI connects well but most of them do not. Also, tested using with Windows computers and work fine using the same WIFI network. I don't know if this is a setting on the internet provider router that is not allowing to go thru or a port on the Mac that could be blocked. The weird thing is that some networks work fine but others do not. It's random.

Please if you can help with it, I would be more than welcome!

Category: MySonicWall

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Are these Wifi networks you control? If not good luck. If so, determine what configuration differences are between the functional and non-functional Wifi networks.

If this is for a business find a cellular hotspot that works and force the users to use those. The more you control, the better off you'll be.

• carloslcarlosl Newbie ✭

Unfortunately, these networks are not controlled by me because those are home networks. Using a phone hotspot works good, the problem is with certain Wifi networks to which I don't have access. My concern is if this is a configuration of the internet provider modem or the owner of the wifi router.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

You stated the Windows PCs work fine using the same connections, so your problem is the Apple products. (Shocking I know...)