Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SonicWall Firewall TZ300 fails or crashed | Do we need to purchase higher model support 250-300 user

I want to inform you that we are using TZ300 which very basic model of SonicWall Firewall which fails again & again. I have to reset its factory default settings and configure it again to work properly. I have contacted the SonicWall Firewall team multiple times but had no luck replacing the device for the last 3 years and moreover, we are renewing the subscription pack every year. Load on Firewall is also very optimal even though it fails.

Can we get a replacement for this device or need to purchase a higher model for our organization. I want a permanent solution for the security device from SonicWall on topmost priority or I will move to another product that is more reliable compare to SonicWall Firewall.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• TZ300 is a smb model and not targeted for hundred of users.

And you may need to check the firewall CPU loading, concurrent connections, etc...

• I knew very well about this product and as I have mentioned in my first conversation that the load is very less on the firewall even though it fails/crashed. Isn't it related to hardware/software issues? I can understand if hardware fails there may be different reasons but we are paying/renewing every year to maintain the hardware parts in a proper way.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

you have failed to provide us with any information. what exactly is failing?

• Are you a Technically sound or nontechnical person? What is the meaning of failure of firewall or crashed the firewall if you have hardware firewall from SonicWall?

I want to say that it is a hardware failure or firmware or software failure that doesn't give me a way to access it without a hard reset or factory reset.

Is it clear now from my end?

Please confirm.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@AshuPrasoon you asked for help about a specific circumstance and yet you have not provided anyone with sufficient information by which to make any sort of suggestion, never mind assistance.

What does your TZ log have to say when the failure/crash occurs? What Security Services are active on the device? What diagnostics have you run on the device? What has SonicWall support said regarding the contents of your TSR report (for the cases you have opened)?

That is what @TKWITS was asking. And yes, he's really very technical...

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021