Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Application Control

Hi Everyone,

Good day to all. Seeking for your help, i really don't know why but, for example zooms and teams application are not loading and can't proceed even the app control for this category is disabled? the only way for this to work or remove in logs is to add the address object in app control exclusion list. Please help.

Thank you so much.

Dan

Category: Web Application Firewall

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@Rave_Romero12,

Kindly check in the logs if that is the signature showing up during the failed attempt at the application and if yes, then the exclusion will be helpful. If the signature is inheriting the exclusion from the category, then adding it on the category level should be sufficient, if not, it is needed on the signature level too.

I informed you about the signature out of past experience and am not sure if that's the one causing an issue for you.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers

• Hello @Rave_Romero12,

I think it could be because there is an additional signature under App control that could be blocking it.

If you have categories like Proxy access and P2P blocked, please check the logs while you try to access these applications and filter using the particular IP you are testing from.

I have usually seen the following signature creating this behavior, but it could be something else as well. Kindly confirm that using the logs.

Signature ID 5 and 7 (Category: proxy access, Application: Encrypted key exchange)

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• Hi Ms. @shiprasahu93,

Good Day. Thank you so much for the respond. Even after I excluded the ip in the category, the specific application can't still proceed. Do i still need to exclude it in its signature? even i excluded the user in category?

Thank you so much Ms. @shiprasahu93 again.

• Hi Ms. @shiprasahu93 ,

This is noted. Thank you so much.

• Sure, Keep us posted. Thanks!

Shipra Sahu