Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Secondary VLAN can't connect to internet

Teh_TouristTeh_Tourist Newbie ✭
edited September 2021 in Entry Level Firewalls

I've got a main VLAN that everything runs on currently, works fine. I've created a secondary VLAN with a new subnet on my Juniper switches and setup routing on the switches, devices can talk across the network fine, devices can connect to the SonicWALL mgmt ip fine. But when I try to access anything on the internet I see this in my packet monitor for the ip trying to get out.

DROPPED, Drop Code: 543(NAT Remap: Obtained invalid translated source from original offset(#1)), Module Id: 9(connectionCache), (Ref.Id: _2322_ugvwrEcejgGngo) 1:1)

I created a static route on the Sonicwall for the new VLAN. looking for this error online doesn't come up with anything useful, I've opened a case with Sonicwall but it's taking them a bit to respond. Hopefully I'm missing something basic.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @Teh_Tourist,

Welcome to the SonicWall community.

Could you please navigate to Manage | Rules | Nat Policies and check if there is any auto-added or custom NAT that translates the new VLAN subnet to IPV6 address of the interface rather than just the WAN IP? If yes, kindly disable it or add a new NAT that translates this VLAN subnet to WAN IP with a higher priority.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• I accidentally marked that your answer didn't solve my question, but it did. I created a new NAT policy to translate my new VLAN traffic to the gateway IP and it's flowing now. Thanks!