Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Is it possible to create a portshield to ward a port that is currently in bridged mode?

Hi All, hope everyone are doing good. This is just to ask a quest question, if it is possible if I put for example x6 into portshield toward a x5 that is currently in bridged mode? Please see image below for the error that appeared after i tried. Just want to know if it is doable? Thank you so much again in advance.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rave_Romero12 which Firmware version you're running? I tried to reproduce this with latest 7.0.1-5023 and was not able to put a PortShield to a Bridge-Port, they were not selectable. Maybe this was something "fixed" in a new release because it was not supported.

Why not PortShielding to the main port instead of the Bridge, because the result should be the same?

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited September 2021

@Rave_Romero12, what is it you are trying to achieve and what is your current interface layout, are you talking about L2 Bridge or Native Bridge and what firmware are you running?

• Hi Sir @preston ESTON and Sir @BWC,

Thank you for the respond. Sir @BWC , yes sir with same firmware. Sir @preston L2 Bridge Sir. Upon reading some articles, looks like it is not really possible to do that Sir ^^. Thank you so much Everyone.

Have a nice day and keep safe.