Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

My Mac mini 2018 with MacOS 10.15.4 continues rebooting with Capture Client 3

jquintaojquintao Newbie
edited May 2020 in Capture Client

Hi,

I waited the new version from Capture Client 3, and install again in my MacOS 14.15.4. After 2 days, the computer stayed slow and rebooted again. See the MacOS Problem report:

See the complete crash report above.

Someone can help me? I'm doing something wrong? Or exists a problem in Capture Client 3.x with the last version from the MacOS?

Thanks,

Jorge Quintao

Category: Capture Client

Answers

• Hello @jquintao,

I do not see any reported issues on MacOS 10.15.4 with the CC 3.0.11 version. I would suggest reaching out to the Support team so that we can help you further investigate this issue.

Please the following link to contact support.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Hi Jorge,

running CC 3.0.11 on a mac Mini 2018 with macOS 10.15.4 myself, no major problems, only the SonicWallEnforcementService is acting strange. On my Mac Book I'am using it only from time to time, no probs there. But I'am rebooting my system daily, maybe the problem stacks up over time?

Is any of the SonicWall processes causing high load? You can check with the ActivityMonitor (Monitor de Actividad). In my case the mentioned process is stressing a single CPU core 100% nearly all day long. it seems that the process is losing the connection to the backend. You can check with nettop within the terminal if this is the case.

Do you have client enforcement enabled?

--Michael@BWC

• jquintaojquintao Newbie
    edited May 2020

I don't believe that this kind of problem will be solved by support. :(

• Hi, my machine has 1 monitor Ultrafine LG 5K, 1 monitor Dell Full HD, a lot of apps ( MS Teams, Thunderbird, Firefox with many sites opened, MonoSnap, AirServer, CaptureClient, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, Dropbox, etc) opened. I never turn off the machine. Maybe I'm a hard user. Today, the machine rebooted again, see:

Thanks,

Jorge Quintao

• PaulKPaulK Newbie

Jorge,

From your first crash dump, I see you are running an older version of the SentinelOne Agent (3.6.1.2964).

I would upgrade the SentinelOne Agent to 4.0.3.3085. This was released with CC 3.0.11.

I've got CC 3.0.11 and S1 4.0.3.3085 running on the following Macs:

MacBook Pro 2019 (10.15.5)

MacBook Pro Late 2013 (10.15.4)

MacMini Late 2011 (10.14.6)

My MacMini is up 24x7 and hasn't had any issues.

I believe that the miss match between CC and S1 is causing the issue and with macOS Catalina, S1 4.0.3 is the recommended version.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Paul K