Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Using custom certificate for firewall admin webserver on LAN interface

Hello,

I'm sure this has to be a common question but I've searched the community forum and have only found hits for adding certificates to use with VPN. I am managing a SOHO 250W running OS v6.5 and have enabled the web management capability for the LAN interface, and only for HTTPS. When I use Chrome to open the device admin page, I get the warnings about the connection not being secure, etc., because of the self-signed certificate.

I followed the instructions in the KB article "How Do I Generate A New SSL Certificate From My SonicWall Firewall?" and have successfully purchased a certificate from Comodo, installed it, and installed the intermediate certificates as well so that the certificate appears in the list and shows as having been validated. But after restarting the firewall, the admin web portal is still using the self-signed certificate. How do I configure it to use the new certificate I installed?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

you have to change the management certificate in system settings (manage \ appliance \ base settings).

Answers