Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Waiting for a technician to pick up a Support call

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I've already complained (repeatedly) about the "on hold" music SonicWall plays while you wait on hold for a technician to pick up a phone call. Useless - it's never going to change.

But it is nearing the end of 2021 and still SonicWall hasn't implemented the most basic of features:

• A recording to tell you how long the wait in the queue is.
  • An option to have your call returned, in the order it was received, to avoid sitting and listening to that awful music.

It seems that spending any money - despite it's earnings* - is anathema to this organization. Why would that be?

(* SonicWall brings in nearly $400 million of revenue each year and generated approximately $125 million in earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), PE Hub reported.)

Written, in obvious agony, at the 50 minute mark in the WNM (Wireless) queue while waiting to find out how to fix a SonicWave 231o that has been offline for more than 10 days.

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Micah - my dissatisfaction level with SonicWall and Support has skyrocketed this morning.

The call was eventually picked up at 60 minutes. Waiting while CSR found out information took another 25 minutes - only to learn the technician who owns the call has been out for the past 5 days (it's a pandemic, I get it; but absolutely no turnover whatsoever?). The call got dropped 2 minutes later after the request to open a remote support session and the first 3 digits were provided. No call back followed, despite the fact that my number is in the case.

• JürgJürg Newbie ✭

Unfortunately i experienced the same in the last few month since we started using Capture Client and NSM from sonicwall and opened plenty of tickets.

• it's hard to speak to anyone
    • calls are not returned
    • even after adding sort of a footer to the online help request where i state clearly my available times, days, phone numbers, i get asked this EVERY TIME by EVERY AGNET. seems like a robot. they dont seem to read the tickets.
    • even if you state in detail in the ticket what you have done already, they dont listen to you what you tell them. they ignore any input you try to give on the phone, just going throught their checklists like robots. you are not talking to dummies, hopefully, we know what we are doing.
    • and worst of all i also had a case delayed for almost one week, because "my agent" was not working. nobody took care of it.

it was much better when by luck i reached an agent based in Ireland. Seems they know better what they are doing

Most likely my comments will get deleted as only good news is allowed in this community. but believe me dear Sonicwall reps in here, my experiences with your support (in IT for 30 years) are the worst i have seen. I try to avoid your support and help myself as long as i can.

Jürg

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi Larry and Jurg, 

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you letting us know about your concerns here.

@Larry I looked at your support case and can see that the agent left a note saying he was unable to reach you after calling back. I have escalated the matter internally asking that they reach back out to you.

@Jürg A priority for the SonicWall Community is to ensure it’s a space for everyone. For this reason, we have community guidelines in place. In some cases, posts can be removed if they fall under Unacceptable Content. With that being said, your comment is safe with us. We welcome lively discussions and feedback and use these opportunities to better our services.

@EnaBev - I wrote to my channel account manager and she got the matter escalated yesterday.

A lead called me and he worked, without resolution, for another 30 minutes. We're slated to get further today with a follow-up call.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@EnaBev Since you are new to the community brace yourself because many of us have been sorely disappointed with Sonicwall over the past year. Especially with Gen7 / NSM.

I echo Larry and Jurg's sentiments. I have generally avoided opening tickets because they never get resolved.

And let me conclude this with two things.

The second call resolved the AP problem. It involved removing the device from the location, connecting it to the local LAN, updating the firmware, and re-installing it. Problem resolved (6.5 hours total), case to be closed.

However, the issue of this thread is the atrocious aspect of telephone support that needs a complete review and overhaul.

Let's hope our newest community member can let those who are responsible for said functionality know that the natives are restless...