Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Can't Airprint from Apple Mobile Devices

I cannot locate or Airprint from any of my Apple mobile devices since connecting my Sonicwall SOHO 250.

I have used several Sonicwall articles dealing with Bonjour configurations and access rules and still cannot print. My firmware is 6.5.4.4-44n. What am I missing? Can someone offer any advice other than get another firewall.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    marct191marct191 Newbie ✭
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓

I am using a Sonicwall SOHO 250, 02-SSC-0938 (not wireless). Do I have to have the wireless in order to be able to manage the WLAN? My printer is on the LAN, I'm trying to print from iPhone. I've enabled all the Bonjour settings per all the various articles.

My Internet flow is: from cable modern to Sonicwall to a 8 port switch to all devices. I am using Interface XO=LAN, X1=WAN.

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Try this:

Obtain the IP address of your printer.

Go to Firewall, then Access Rules. In the "From" drop-downs select WLAN and WLAN. Click the Add button.

Configure your policy name with "Wireless print" ensuring that From and To are both WLAN

Source port is Any, Service is Any, Source is Any. The Destination is a new network object that you create called "Printer" and for which you supply your printer's IP address (save that). Then click OK when done.

You should be good to go after that.

• NevyadithaNevyaditha Moderator

Hi @marct191 ,

You have mentioned that you are using SonicWall SOHO 250 appliance.

Can you please confirm how is the Printer connected to Sonicwall ?

Please ensure that you have below settings enabled on Sonicwall :

1. Enable Multicast under firewall settings.
    2. Enable Multicast on LAN, WLAN interfaces or on custom zone (if you are using any).
    3. Change the default Deny WLAN to Multicast rule from Deny to Allow.

Enabling IP Helper & the mDNS Protocol.

1. Enabling IP Helper & the mDNS Protocol.

Please refer the KB for how to enable the IP helper ad mDNS protocol:

I hope this information is helpfull.

Thank You !!

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services