Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

All 3 new Sonicwave 231c's wont configure.

MB66MB66 Newbie ✭

All 3 of the 231c's I just purchased will not configure themselves in the cloud manager (show up as unmanaged) and when going into the management interface they show up as read only. How can I get these things to show up so I can assign them a zone and get them configured?

Category: SonicWave

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I got the following screenshot from a SonicWall University class on working with WNM. Missing, of course, is the fact that the devices have to be added to your MySonicWall account and transferred to the appropriate Tenant under which these WNM settings are established.

Hope it helps!

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @MB66

Follow the below steps for configuring the Sonicwave with WNM;

Register the Sonicwave and login into the cloud.sonicwall.com (Choose the proper Tenant) & click on the WNM.

Once you get the WNM dashboard, Navigate to the Network-->Network Hierarchy-->select the Default Location & click on the "+" and Add sibiling Location.

Once you added, Navigate to the Polices and Create new SSID Group.

Once You created the SSID Group, create the new SSID; For that select the newly created the SSID Group and add the new SSID.

Once you configured the SSID Policy, Navigate to the AP Policies and create the new AP policy and add the newly created SSID Group and do the necessary network configuration for your scope of work.

Once you done the above steps; Navigate to the Network --> Zones and create new Zone and select the newly created "Location" & the newly created AP Network Policy then add the un-managed devices into the Zone.

NB: For accessing the Sonicwave in locally, Must have to add Admin user & password. For that Navigate to the Policy--> Edit the created AP policies-->System --> under the Management enter the credential for accessing the sonicwave locally. (Recommended for trouble shooting).