Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SRA 1600 latest firmware

I have recently acquired a SRA 1600 from going into ewaste. trying to get it going to learn about this unit.

I am keen to know what's the last /latest firmware available for this unit. chances are it's deprecated, but surely there must a firmware available to bring it to the last usable firmware state.

any guidance will help. thanks

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@mrrosh the latest Release listed in my Download Center ist 9.0.0.5-19sv and I'am not sure if SNWL will release 9.0.0.10 which would be the latest Release on the 9.x strain.

Considering the situation, running this system reachable from the Internet is something I would consider as a security risk.

YMMV, depending on what you would like to learn while running this unit :)

--Michael@BWC

• mrroshmrrosh Newbie ✭

@BWC any chance u can provide the download link. I can't seem to get to it.

the base product comes with a 5 user licenses, and i am keen to setup/learn mobile connect vpn.

@mrrosh sorry, no can do. But if you get the unit transferred from the old holders MySonicWall Account to your Account you should see it in the Download Center.

--Michael@BWC

• mrroshmrrosh Newbie ✭
    edited July 2021

thanks, thats an unknown at this stage.

Error

This Serial Number has been used in an Upgrade/RMA program and cannot be registered. Please contact SonicWall Technical Support for further assistance.

many thanks for assistance this far.

@mrrosh you cannot re-register the appliance because it is IMHO already bound to another MySonicWall Account. If you have a chance to contact the old owner to transfer it to yours should do the trick.

--Michael@BWC

• mrroshmrrosh Newbie ✭

we don't know the old owner, as it's comes from ewaste company.

I'll stick with current old firmware. thanks

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @mrrosh, if you are getting "This Serial Number has been used in an Upgrade/RMA program and cannot be registered" it means the previous owner traded in the device for a newer appliance and therefore the device has been de-registered by SonicWall and cannot be registered again. the SRA 1600 are really old devices now anyway.

If you just want something for learning you would be better requesting a SMA500V trial from mysonicwall, or try and find a secondhand SMA 200 as they support the latest firmware (just check first it hasn't been de-registered first).

• mrroshmrrosh Newbie ✭

I'll stick with current old firmware. thanks

• mrroshmrrosh Newbie ✭

Anyway support will assist me or contact the previous owners on behalf?

@preston mentioned the main point, if this specific appliance got replaced via SecureUpgrade it's decommisioned and cannot get reactivated. Just contact Support and see what they have to say about it.

--Michael@BWC