Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Site to Site VPN gets disconnect daily automatically

I am facing this issue since I created this VPN, I tried to contact support so many time but still no one solved this issue.

Site A is TZ350 and Site B is Soho250 and both the sites we are using DynDNS for static IP.

Same Configuration for both Sites as mentioned below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IKE (Phase 1) Proposal

Exchange: Main Mode

DH Group: Group 1

Encryption: AES-128

Authentication: SHA1

Life Time (seconds): 43200

Ipsec (Phase 2) Proposal

Protocol: ESP

Encryption: AES-128

Authentication: SHA1

Life Time (seconds): 43200

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the tunnel is down i have to re-enable the VPN on both the site in order to make it up and running, this is on daily basis.

Kindly help me out with this issue and check the attached Screenshot of Log files

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nazimmulla07

Try to change DH Group: Group 1 to at least 5.

If you are using encryption or authentication algorithms with a 128-bit key, use Diffie-Hellman groups 5, 14, 19, 20 or 24. If you are using encryption or authentication algorithms with a 256-bit key or higher, use Diffie-Hellman group 21

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

As well as make sure to enabled the IKE dead peer detection.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @NAZIMMULLA07,

As per the log events, it looks like there is a timeout between remote parties causing the tunnel to break. Could you please ensure Keep Alive is enabled only on one side of the Firewalls? Keep alive enabled firewall will be the Initiator and keep alive disabled firewall be the responder. Please make sure there is no DYNDNS disconnection on one or both of the firewalls during the tunnel go down situation. Also, the Internet on both the firewalls.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services