Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Inquiries about SM9800 HA

1. If the ChassisOS version of the NSA9800 to be replaced is different, is the HA configuration possible?

2. Can I get ChassisOS upgrade support through TAC without a Support License when I purchase a new product?

Category: High End Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @JEONG,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

In HA setup, the firmware versions along with chassis OS version has to be same on both the units. This is a mandatory prerequisite for the HA to function as expected.

Please make sure your new product has software support license. With this license in place, all the firmware versions related to the SM 9800 will be available on MySonicWall account and you can also seek help from support team w.r.t firmware upgrade need or issues.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• jkjungjkjung Newbie

What is the version of the chassis OS and firmware that will be installed if I order the sm9800?

Is it the same as this?

ROM Chassis: 5.5.0.12

ROM Blade #1: 5.5.0.12

ROM Blade #2: 5.5.0.12

failsafe: 6.2.2.1

ChassisOS: 6.0.4.2

ChassisOS Apps: 6.0.4.4

Current Firmware: 6.2.7.7-34n

• JeongJeong Newbie ✭

Hi, @Saravanan

Thanks for your response.

Please tell me know the ChassisOS version of the recently released SM9800.

And, Do all the versions mentioned by @jkjung have to be the same for a redundant configuration?

Thanks.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @JEONG and @jkjung,

The latest Chassis OS version is 6.0.4.2. Yes, the versions mentioned has to match both the firewalls. Please upgrade the chassis OS and that will update the other parameters. The latest firmware version for SM 9800 is 6.5.1.13. You can find this detail from the release notes of the corresponding firmware.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services