Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Content Filter Notifications

If I remember correctly there used to (pre 3.6) be an option in the Web Content Filtering setup where you could toggle end user notifications on/off. Blocked sites would still be logged, but the end user didn't see a popup every time CC blocked something. Where is this option in the new CC console?

Category: Capture Client

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @ASCHULTZ,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I also don't see the toggle option on 3.6 version. Let me find it out and get back. Please standby.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Saravanan hi! Any new s on that ?

Thomas

Hi @ThK and @aschultz,

I just got the screenshot of the notification section for you on the CC portal. The notification option is available under Policies | Web Content Filtering, "Show notification when accessing a malware site".

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• aschultzaschultz Newbie ✭

Hi @Saravanan

I did notice that toggle, but I think there used to be one for notifications for any blocked site (not just malware). It did have a tendency to be a bit noisy so maybe they decided it wasn't needed anymore.

• aschultzaschultz Newbie ✭

I logged into the old client portal and took a screenshot. See the toggle under the malware one states notifications for a forbidden website.

Hi @aschultz,

Thanks for the screenshot. I see the option that you are talking about. I do not have access to the old CC portal. Let me check on this and get back to you accordingly.

Have a good day!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

Hi @aschultz,

I researched and found that this notification option has been taken off in the CC 3.6 version.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• DLynchDLynch Newbie ✭

Hi @Saravanan,

Is it a feature that could be coming back? Our users find the notifications very distracting.

Thanks!

Hi @DLYNCH,

I don't think so, this one would be added back. I'm unsure on why did the remove this option. I would suggest you to raise a feature enhancement request with our Sales team to report.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• Enzino78Enzino78 Enthusiast ✭✭

same issue on MacOS X (catalina). I found a solution to disable notification for CC on System Preference>Notification

hope this help