Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

LDAP - Schema not recognized

Hi

Soinwall TZ500 with firmware sonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.8-89n

DC is Windows Server 2019 (Schema Objectversion 88) - I get the above error message

However - Similar TZ500 with a 2016 DC (Schema Objectversion 87) at another site with same settings does work! - Both were migrated from Windows Small Business Server 2011

Any ideas/suggestions/fix would be gratefully accepted

Thanks

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    WaldonWaldon Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Interesting.. it now works

I had to change the login details (Login/Bind page) so it would fail outright (Test) (Red status light instead of green on the LADP servers page) - I then changed back to correct details - and now it is working????!!! (I did check and recheck the password)

Please note I have power cycled the unit several times etc

Thanks

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @WALDON,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Are you using anonymous login option or username/password option for LDAP authentication on the SonicWall? I dont see the error on the post. Could you please share the error message once?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• WaldonWaldon Newbie ✭

Hi - Thanks for your response...

Using an Administrator account (Both sites with exact same permissions) - when testing the working sonicwall (users/settings/configure ldap/test) connectivity/bind test comes back "Successfully bound as admin" ; the non working sonicwall "Successfully bound as anonymous" however on the not working sonicwall go into the LADP server/schema and "Read from server" (schema settings are exactly the same as working sonicwall) - drops back to the main screen and status: "Error:Schema not recognized"

Click on "Read from server" and "Automatically update..." the windows closes back to the main webpage usres/settings with the following error

• Hi,

I also faced same issue.AD server is connected successfully.I can notice green indicator as well.But when i go to schema and click read from server it is giving following error.

"Schema not recognized."

can i know what is the reason for that? @Saravanan