Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Upgrade Issue with Sonic OS to 6.5.4.12-101n on Intel Evo Laptop

Hello forum members,

I'm currently experiencing an upgrade issue with Sonic OS to version 6.5.4.12-101n on my Intel Evo laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/faqs/intel-evo/], and I'm seeking some assistance to overcome this challenge. Whenever I attempt to upgrade the Sonic OS firmware to the mentioned version, I encounter errors and unexpected behavior that prevent a successful installation.

I have followed the recommended upgrade procedures and ensured that my Intel Evo laptop meets the system requirements specified by Sonic OS. However, during the upgrade process, I receive error messages or the installation hangs, leaving me unable to complete the firmware update.

I have attempted to troubleshoot the issue by restarting the laptop, disabling security software, and even attempting the upgrade in safe mode, but the problem persists. It seems to be a specific compatibility issue between Sonic OS 6.5.4.12-101n and my Intel Evo laptop.

If any of you have encountered similar challenges when upgrading Sonic OS on an Intel Evo laptop or have any insights on how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate your input and suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise!

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

What are the errors? Do you have a screenshot?