Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Before Windows, log in using NetExtender Login to Access User AD Settings

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new Intel Evo laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/faqs/intel-evo/] and am experiencing some issues with gaining user AD settings upon login. Specifically, I am unable to access certain AD settings and network resources when logging in to Windows directly, and I believe this may be due to not logging in with NetExtender before Windows login.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered similar issues with gaining user AD settings on a new Intel Evo laptop, or if there are any specific configurations or adjustments that can be made to ensure that NetExtender is used before Windows login. Alternatively, could there be a different issue causing the inability to access certain AD settings and network resources upon login?

Any advice or insights that you may have on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention.

Best regards,

Judy

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@judywatson which version of NetExtender you're running? When install 10.2.331 you need to enable the PreLogon when installing the Client. You might need to reinstall to have it working because I think it's not changeable later on.

--Michael@BWC