Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Is macOS 10.15.4 compatible with Capture Client 2.0.28?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is Capture Client compatible with MacOS Catalina?.
Category: Capture Client

Best Answer

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi all,

macOS 10.15.4 got released and I was wondering what the current situation with Capture Client 2.0.28 is. Does it work with the latest release of Catalina and is it safe to update?

--Michael@BWC

• ChrisChris Administrator

Hi @BWC ,

Just an FYI I split your comment out to its own thread. I wanted to make sure an expert would see it. Stay tuned for more information.

Community Manager of SonicWall. Feel free to @Chris if you have any questions or concerns about the community.

Hi @Chris ,

thanks for taking care of this, unfortunatly the experts didn't noticed :) ... I guess I'll give it a try, the other vendor I'am working with got no general complains about 10.15.4.

--Michael@BWC

Hi @BWC

I reached out to the team and they are going to check with QA to verify latest CC & S1 for any compatibility issues. Good to hear there's been no issues from the other vendor.

Hope you have a good weekend and stay safe.

Community Manager of SonicWall. Feel free to @Chris if you have any questions or concerns about the community.

The update to macOS 10.15.4 went through so far, Capture Client seems to be working OK, but of course macOS complained about the Legacy System Extensions used by SonicWall and Sentinel One. According to Apple this is nothing new and was communicated in 2019 and should be addressed by Developers, hopefully before macOS 10.16.

All Mac and non-Mac users have a good weekend and stay safe as well.

--Michael@BWC

One week later running CC 2.0.28 on macOS 10.15.4 on two machines I can't report any trouble so far. Works pretty smooth. Maybe the official 10.15.4 support will be addressed in CC 3.0, which looks pretty interesting from what I saw.

-Michael@BWC

Latest macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update seems to work as well, no official word from SonicWall though, which is a bit disappointing.

--Michael@BWC

Hey @BWC I have followed up again on this, just waiting to hear back. But as a supplemental release aiming to fix an existing issue or bug technically if mac OS 10.15.3 is supported then 10.15.4 (supplemental release) should work as well. Hope to confirm shortly.

• Cool. When the "Important Notificiation" below will be removed?

Thanks,

Jorge Quintão

• Cool. When the "Important Notificiation" below will be removed?

Thanks,

Jorge Quintão

• I installed SonicWall Capture Client again on my MacBook with Catalina 10.15.4.

After the installation I received the following message:

URL: https://support.apple.com/pt-br/HT210999

Few minutes after, the machine frozen and restart with the following error:

Someone can help me?

Thanks,

Jorge Quintao

Hi Jorge,

the message you've got after the installation are "normal" due to some changes Apple will implement in macOS 10.16. SonicWall and SentinelOne have to address these: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210999

The crash is another thing, which I did not experiences on my two machines running macOS 10.15.4. Did you do something out of the ordinary when this happened? The message shows SonicWall WebProtection, IMHO a problem in older versions which caused all forms of trouble. Is your problem reproducable? If yes, could you try to disable WebProtection in the policy pushed to your client?

Sorry for not having a more specific solution, it's all a wild guess.

--Michael@BWC

• Hi BWC,

The machine crashed 2 times in less than 20 minutes. The craches occurred when I was using many applications. I was watching videos in WhatsApp while watch a webinar in youtube.

I removed the capture client endpoint until we have a new version.

Thanks,

Jorge Quintao

Hi @jquintao

a little birdie told me that on April 23rd CaptureClient 3.0 could be released, nothing definite, but keep your eyes open.

--Michael@BWC