Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Remote users must be able to connect VoIP handset and PC to the business network for work from home

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

Answers

• SAMGSAMG Newbie ✭

John,

I am a consultant working to rapidly deploy a solution that meets the following requirements: Remote users must be able to connect VoIP handset and PC to the business network for work from home purposes. Healthcare and as such all access to internal services (including VoIP) are available only over a VPN tunnel. Voice VLAN and Data VLAN must be accessible via VPN tunnel. We've narrowed this down to Site to Site tunnels utilizing Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X appliances and will begin ordering devices today. However I want to be sure that we are not overlooking something in the rush to get this solution deployed.

Environment:

NSA4600 (4 WAN IPs available)

NSA is aware of VLANs as subnets behind it but only 2 VLANs are defined and extend into it from the customer network.

Bandwidth 200/200 over fiber

Issues:

VoIP VLAN will need to be added to NSA

10 site to site VPN policies will need to be created that account for remote device connecting from a dynamic public IP address sitting behind the end user's modem / router.

Please let me know what else you would like to know John, appreciate the assistance very much.

Sean Trimm

• MasterRoshiMasterRoshi Moderator
    edited April 14

Hi @SAMG,

Have you considered doing a SOHO 250 (box + support) for the tunnels or using a SonicWave 224W (has 4 switch ports built in) with the SSL VPN feature at their homes? Of course you can do zero touch deployment of the AP's at no extra cost while the SOHO 250's require the CSC management license to do zero touch.

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-to-establish-a-secure-sslvpn-connection-from-sonicwave-to-the-sslvpn-server/200318133336291/